Searching...
Saturday 14 July 2012

Caffeine In Pregnancy: Coffee Won't Cause A Child To Become Hyperactive, Study Says

Pregnant women are typically told to avoid caffeine. One cup of coffee per day is okay, multiple studies have found, but generally it's in the same category as cocktails and soft cheese -- bad for baby's development. However, researchers in Amsterdam recently concluded that there is no link between caffeine intake during pregnancy and a child’s behavior later in life; they say a cup of Joe might wire mom for the day, but it won’t cause her child to become hyperactive.
Participants in the study (3,400 mothers) were asked how much coffee they consumed during pregnancy. When their children turned 5 or 6, the same women filled out questionnaires about their kids' behavioral health -– teachers completed an identical survey. The authors concluded that mothers who drank caffeine during pregnancy did not put their kids at risk for “hyperactivity/inattention problems, emotional symptoms, conduct problems, peer relationship problems, overall problem behavior, or suboptimal prosocial behavior.”
While the research shows that caffeine intake doesn't cause behavior issues in children, it didn't examine any other developmental problems. In April, when researches found that coffee consumption during pregnancy doesn't affect a baby's sleep patterns, experts still maintained that it isn’t wholly safe -– large amounts of caffeine have been linked to miscarriages and lower birth weights. Currently, the ACOG upholds that up to 200 milligrams (an 8-ounce cup of coffee) a day is okay to drink during pregnancy. Anything greater increases likelihood of complications during your pregnancy.
Caffeine isn’t the only pregnancy no-no that’s been called into question recently. In June, researchers found that moderate consumption of alcohol (up to eight drinks per week) does not affect kids 5 and under. Long-term effects weren’t tested, however, so doctors and experts still encourage an abstinence policy.

2 comments:


  1. Illuminati approach with the some of EURO300 million and also promise to be paying EURO90,000 per month just to become their member.My stories on how i became rice and famous with the help of yoo john the Illuminati secret wealth master)Hello my fellow friends am mrs elena homson i am from the Russia of I lost my parent when I was 13yrs old so I have been staying with my uncle and they were never taking good care of me,life was so bad with me,so I manage to get into university and i graduate with first class. for goo three year i was looking for job until I meet an old school friend called katy angela,who told me about a man that help her father into the Illuminati group and made him rich and famous,so I ask on how to get to the man as a good friend she is to me, she lead me there and I explain all my problems to him and he ask me to do some things that will make me a legit member of the hood which I did without going back, then he introduce me to the ground master in uk and I was paid the sum of. EURO300 million dollars which I used to live the life am living now………..i invest the money on oil business in Saudi Arabia at 2013 i was rate as the 15 richest person in Russia.you can also add me on face book elena homson, my friends, today am sharing this testimony to those who are in my old condition to meet with him.is a good man and ready to help you in anyway of your live you can also contact great and wealthy man via this email illuminatitemple669@gmail.com or join him on Facebook YOO JOHN,you can also reach him on phone by dialing +34602320900

    ReplyDelete

  2. JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI AND LIVE A LIFE: Are you a BUSINESS MAN and WOMAN, POLITICIAN, ARTIST OR ACTRESS, STUDENT and you desire WEALTH, INFLUENCE, FAMOUS, POWER AND PROTECTION and lot more join the great illuminati today,and become a full Multi billionaires by joining the Great illuminati world to benefits EURO250000 weekly and EURO1000000 monthly as membership blessing for joining the member of the illuminati. with this all your dreams and your heart desire can be fully accomplish, for more information contact: illuminati.illuminatitemple669@gmail.com CALL +34602320900, join for the better



    ReplyDelete

Add your comments

 
Back to top!