Searching...
Saturday 22 September 2012

Sexy and I Know It pop duo LMFAO split after six years

Split: LMFAO, pictured here performing in New York in June, have parted ways
Party Rock Anthem pop group LMFAO have split up.
The duo - made up of Stefan Gordy, 37, (aka Redfoo) and Skyler Gordy, 26, (Sky Blu) - have decided to break up after drifting apart and going in different directions.
Stefan said: 'I think that we naturally just started hanging with two different sets of people, two different crowds, but we're always family. He'll always be my nephew, I'll always be his uncle.
'I feel like we've been doing this for so long, five or six years. And we're kind of like saying, well, let's just do what's natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time.'
Stefan will now be focusing on his solo material but insists it will still have a LMFAO-feel to it.
He said: 'All the music that I'm going to make is always going to be LMFAO-ish... I love all the topics that we talk about.
'I was really passionate about bringing party music to the world, so I will always be making some kind of party music.'
Stefan is the son of famed American record producer Berry Gordy who founded of the Motown record label. Skyler is Berry's grandson.
The duo, who formed in 2006, have had a string of hits in recent years including Party Rock Anthem, Champagne Showers, Sexy and I Know It and Sorry for Party Rocking.
Party Rock Anthem peaked at number-one in over ten countries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!